The ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Yealmpton Woodland Burial Association will be held on Wednesday 6th October 2021 at 7:30pm in the Community Centre, Stray Park, Yealmpton, PL82HF. All members and nominated representatives are invited to attend. The agenda will include:
- Minutes of the AGM held 31st January 2021 (held by Zoom due to Covid-19)
- Chairman’s Report
- Finance Report
- Retirement and election of directors. Any member may nominate a director by notification to the Secretary not less than 21 days before the meeting.
- Date of AGM for 2022
- Open Forum
A beautiful natural woodland set close to the Yealm estuary with panoramic views of Dartmoor
Aerial photo of our 10 acre site courtesy of Daniel Green, The Black Arrows (Sqd) Ltd. Feb 2021
Yealmpton Woodland Burial is set in a beautiful part of the South Hams with far-reaching views of Dartmoor. As many churchyards can no longer accommodate more burials and people seek to preserve the natural environment, woodland burials are becoming an increasingly attractive alternative. Formerly part of an arable farm since Saxon times, the ground is being planted as a natural woodland. Since its establishment in 2003 some 300 burials have taken place and more than 500 people have become members. Membership of the Association allows you to to secure the final resting place of your choice and reserve adjacent burial plots for the future burial of family members. Costs are generally lower than alternatives and once the initial fee is paid there are no further costs to be borne by those you leave behind. As part of a pre-paid funeral plan, you can have peace of mind that all your funeral costs are taken care of.
- A tranquil burial site which will be managed as natural woodland in perpetuity
- Burial is more environmentally-friendly than cremation – and less expensive (see FAQs)
- Cremated remains (ashes) may be buried or scattered among our trees
- Total freedom to plan a funeral to suit your, or your family’s, wishes
- No time slots – funeral parties have exclusive use of the site all day
- Easy access for disabled relatives to all parts of the site including our Field Shelter
Join now to help your family in the future
Buying burial rights now secures your final resting place whenever the time may come and relieves your family of difficult decisions in the future. Discounted fees apply and there is nothing more to pay us later. If you want to take care of all funeral costs, you should consider a pre-paid funeral plan which any Funeral Director can arrange; these do not generally include a burial plot so membership of Yealmpton Burial gives you complete peace of mind. Just click the ‘Join Now’ button.
Arrange a funeral
Most people leave the arrangements to a Funeral Director and all you need do is ask them to book a burial at our woodland site. You will find details of some local firms that have used us recently in our Links section. If you do not intend to appoint a funeral director, you can make the necessary arrangements yourself; please discuss this with us. In all cases we will require a completed Interment Request form, a ‘Green form’ issued by the Registrar and, if the deceased is not a Member, payment of the appropriate fee. Click the ‘Book Now’ button.